- Average yearly HH income for Ironman entrant: $161,000 (ha, ha, ha :) )
- Estimated value of bicycles in transition area: $2 million
- 5 men are attempting Ironman Louisville who are ages 70 - 76
- Water - supplied by Louisville Water Company:
Run Course: 37,000 bottles (34 oz) That's 12 per athlete
Finish Line: 9,000 bottles (500ml)
- Police: 625 different police shifts for the race, just in Louisville, not counting Oldham County.
- 60 for body marking 35 in kayaks on swim course
- 100 other swim monitors
- 30 assisting with gearbags
- 60 in changing tents
- 75 per bike course aid station
- 30 motorcycle volunteers
- 100 bike "catchers" in transition area
- 50 per aid station on run course
- 100 at finish line
- 5 vans on the bike course picking up non-finishers
HOW ABOUT THAT!
"Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, by they don't quit."