Thursday, November 27, 2008

OH THANKSGIVING, LET ME GET UP IN 27 Degree WEATHER AND RUN...............& LOVE IT!

We give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way. ~Author Unknown

Isn't it great how there are so many first in your life... first time you stand, first time you fall and get back up... first time tying my shoe..... first time you don't get lost.. well maybe not that... but there are several things I smile thinking, remembering my first of. Today, I had my first 10 K run, and the first time for the Cincinnati Thanksgiving Day Race. I really went to this race thinking I was going to have fun, not go all out, but be steady.. and that is just what I did.. I didn't find anyone to run along, so I decided to (right as some runners were starting) to run and get my IPod... I jammed the whole way... Mary often refers to running as a dance, and I think if someone would have been watching me closely enough, they would have saw my hips swing. :) I was fascinated and determined to just have fun... sad to think of it that way, but honest no more. I loved reading shirts.....

"Pain is temporary, Pride is Forever"

"Every Mile for a Smile with a Piece of Pie"...

"UNSTOPPABLE"

"Focus on the Finish Line"

"GIRLS ON THE RUN 3 MILE HIGH ENERGY HIGH FIVES"

"Runners keep going through sweat, rain, tears, snow, and heat"

I loved it! Really I did... I knew there were going to be several people I knew running, but I only ran into a couple people I knew. Meghan.. life long friend, during the turn on the bridge on the way back, said she wants to do the Pig half.. which I think is awesome!! Cristy after the race looked as if it was nothing for her, but ironically we laughed at that she was wearing less layers than she does at work!!

Not too sure of my time really because of where I started, and not really knowing my combined time... I know I didn't start at the front of the pack, and I finished under an hour.. so for me, works out :)

Looking forward to this beautiful family party today....
I am thankful for EVERYTHING and EVERYONE!

0 comments: