Friday, May 3, 2013

Oinky Oinky-- lots of flying pigs in the area !!

Here we go... I really have to start writing on here more .. it takes time, but now that we are under 130 days to go time.. it is pretty important that I do keep this up to date! So.. first things First Miami University Student Triathlon... Flash back.. this was my first race that I ever did in 2008... I was excited and nervous all the same and I can relive this day like it was yesterday... I was there at 4:30 in the morning... I will see if I can go back in time and find any report of how I felt during this exciting time of my journey to triathlons... The morning was so cold, so very cold, like 37 degrees cold... I didn't know what to wear coming out of the bike, or coming out of the run, I knew one thing.. that I didn't have to think about the transition... I was feeling nervous as hell about the swim.. but I actually came out with the following times: 1 1 Jessica Leonard 5 30 1 8:31 2:55 1 44:48 1:32 1 23:32 1:21:21 First in my age group and first in athena!! how cool!! then I receive this email: "Congratulations Jessica Leonard. You have qualified for the Olympic-Distance race at the 2013 USA Triathlon Age Group National Championships on August 10 in Milwaukee, Wis., after finishing in the top 10 percent in your age group at the Miami University Student Foundation Triathlon. " NEVER EVER would I think this would ever happen... I will not go, but I think it is pretty cool to be acknowledged.. hard work is paying off... Here are some pictures.. We had a purse party the day after for fundraising and Silpada also... it was wonderful to see all those friends that came to support... after this weekend, I will have an updated amount of funds raised.. this weekend is here... the Cincinnati Flying Pig... I am signed up for the half marathon.. and oddly enough.. I am very excited about this... there have been lots of training this past year... and the half is going to be fun.. I just have to get my head around going up that wonderful Gilbert!! Check back in.. I look forward to writing after I oink during the Flying Pig Half :)

0 comments: