However, unlike years in the past, there was no cake :( no icecream :( no dinner of choice. which I wanted Tai... I really will have to get this by myself... or hope J.D. saves some sushi for me out in Cali... but I did get an unusual gifts from Mom... Condoms.. TOE condoms to be exact.. she thought this was too funny considering I am in the process of having bruised toe nails, blisters, and nastiness on my feet from my marathon running. I thought it was funny toe... just not what I was thinking. I liked her little dance she did with my card too..
Funny thing about birthdays... this nice looking striking lad stroke up a conversation with me Saturday night.. then he said oh, it is your birthday... how old are you.... I said I am turning 26 tomorrow... he said oh, and with the most disgusted face he said really? I laughed and said do I smell like tuna all of the sudden.. what's wrong with that.. he said.. I just turned 21 last night, and you are like 30! I just had to laugh.
This year of 26 of my life:
- I will finish a marathon.. not too worried about my finishing time.. just crossing the Line.
- I will finish an a half Iron - distance... I thought my teammates were nuts last year with this...
- I will finish an Ironman... Crazy.. and I like it. hopefully under 17 hours.
- I will watch one of my clients, and possibly my brother finish their first triathlons. I have been told I have inspired them to tri one! So much fun!
- I will raise money for GIRLS ON THE RUN. First fundraiser this Sunday 2-4 ! Can't wait!
- I will watch one of my best friends marry her best friend and love of her life, and try to be the best dress holder . (ha) ever!- I will volunteer more... maybe Kona! (Yes I have thought about it)
- I will learn, love, and grow!
This list is as of today.. I am sure there will be more! But until then, I am just praying for the nice weather we are supposed to get.
Happy Birthday to me!