Tuesday, November 4, 2008

HEAVY LEGS...


Some days I can run and run, and the only thing to stop me is the mere time in between my clients. Other days like today when I know I have the time for as long as I so wish, my legs feel heavy and tired. Why this is, I am still unsure. It was goregous. Not too hot, not too cool, but enough breeze to keep me from sinking my sweat.. I laughed as I went out at all the last attempts for the poll seekers, and those that were randomly holding signs for their candidates of choice. One little girl ran along side me today along Harrison... made me smile, as I thought of all the other girls I am going to help Support when I start raising for Girls on the Run. A great slogan I wear.... RUN.. WALK.. CRAWL... FINISH!


I got to about the 2.5 mile marker, and I had to detour my route.. I had to sit for a second and tell myself GET YOUR BUTT MOVING! I know that some days are going to be harder than others, but come on... get going.. get going.. geeeet going.. I ventured back to Harrison, and from there I was ok. There are two hills, the hill from the bottom of Wendy's up to the shopping center on Glenway, and then again from Muddy Creek up to Midway that get me everytime..

There are two mantras I say over and over...
I WILL, and IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING.

EVERYDAY I wear these two rubber bracelets to remind me that I WILL succeed in something each day, and I know.. deep down I know, Impossible things don't exist... Some way there is a will to conquer. Today, it was the half mile run up to the top of Midway.

I did get a beautiful sand filled text from JD yesterday, and we keep trying to find a marathon in California.. If you know of one in Feb. or March.. let me know.... we are interested and eager to check it out!

For now, I am anticipating how the elections will turn out, as I continue to read my book of the month.. The Last Lecture... very inspriational.

1 comments:

Mary Sunshine said...

Hi Jess,

Some days it's just fine to take it slow. It all counts. And some days the body cooperates and other times it's trying to tell you that it needs to rest. It's all good!

Hugs,

Mary